Guidelines To Authors
- The Nepalese Journal of Agricultural Sciences(NepJAS) is published annually in the first week of September every year.
- FORMAT FOR PREPARING AN ARTICLE
- Title, Name(s) of author(s), Present institutional of affiliations; email account or main author for correspondence.
- Abstract (written in complete sentences, should not have more than 250 word. It should contain a very brief account of the materials, methods, results, discussion and conclusion, so that the reader need not refer to the whole article except for details)
- Keywords (indexing terms), normally 5 - 7 items.
- Introduction (with heading) not more than 750 words.
- Materials and methods (with heading. It should include experimental design and the techniques employed. Where the methods are well known, the citation of a standard work is sufficient. All modifications of procedures must be explained. Experimental materials and statistical models should be described clearly and fully).
- Results and Discussion (it should be combined to avoid repetition) not more than 1500 words.
- Conclusion (with heading) not more than 200 words
- Acknowledgements, if any (with heading)
- References (in Harvard Referencing System) (with heading). A recent issue of the journal should be consulted for the methods of citation of References in the text as well as at the end of the article.
- Tables and Figures should have appropriate number, titles and captions.
- Separate file(s) of figures. All figures should be preferably in black and white. Electronic images (figures and schemes) must be at a minimum resolution of 600 dpi. for line drawings (black and white), and 300 dpi. for colour or grayscale. Colour figures must be supplied in CMYK not RGB colours.
3. TYPES AND VOLUMES OF PAPER
3.1. ORIGINAL RESEARCH PAPER should not exceed 3,500 words. Major headings are ABSTRACT, INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS AND DISCUSSION, CONCLUSION and REFERENCES.
3.2. SHORT RESEARCH NOTES should not exceed 2,000 words. Such notes may not require headings. Summary (not more than 80-100 words) should be provided at the end of the text.
3.3. REVIEW ARTICLE should not be more than 3000 word. It may have its own headings. It should focus on lacunae in research and suggest possible lines for future work. References are a must at the end.
3.4. Basic types of research papers or notes related to investigations in a narrow specialized branch of a discipline may not be an appropriate material for this journal.
- SUBMISSION AND CORRESPONDENCE
Submission of article and all relevant correspondence should be done only electronically.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES
There is not any deadline whatsoever. Articles are received throughout the year. However if articles submitted during July to September may be queued for the next issue of the journal due to time taken for review and final submission. in the first week of September every year.